The One to Count On...

Trailer Home Fire in Pershing Sunday Evening

Posted: Monday, December 27th, 2010 at 12:49 pm
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Samantha Smith/Dr. Bob Leonard

Several area agencies worked together to fight a trailer fire in Pershing Sunday evening. Indiana Township Fire Chief Mike Legvold tells KNIA/KRLS news his department along with Knoxville Fire and Rescue, Knoxville Township Fire Department and Marion County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a house fire in Pershing at approximately 9:36pm Sunday. The Marion County Secondary Roads Department also responded in order to clear the roadway for the first responders and the Pershing Utilities Corporation and MidAmerican Energy was on the scene to disconnect power and gas from the home. Legvold says the fire in the double-wide trailer started from a portable heater that was left on. No one was home at the time of the fire. After 3 hours of battling the blaze in 10 temperatures and using 10,000 gallons of water the fire was extinguished though Legvold says the home was a complete loss.