The list of names for the Knoxville Veterans’ Growth Alliance Community Support Team has been released. Harv Sprafka, former mayor of Knoxville and chair of the committee, says the team that’s been assembled represents the industrial manufacturing, educational, tourism, and business goals of the Knoxville and Marion County area. The group is similar to that of the old VA Task Force, and will advice and support James Washington’s group, the Veterans’ Growth Alliance, as they develop their plans for the old VA Hospital Campus.
KNOXVILLE VETERANS GROWTH ALLIANCE COMMUNITY SUPPORT TEAM
1. Bob Baker, Director – National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum (NSCHoF&M)
2. Jeff Bolen, Product Manager – 3M Company
3. Ralph Capitani, Racing Director – Knoxville Raceway
4. Dell Collins, Director of Global Facilities – Vermeer Manufacturing; Pella Area Development Corporation (PADCO).
5. * Carla Eysink, Director –Marion County Development Commission (MCDC)
6. *Dr. Randy Flack, Superintendent – Knoxville Community School District
7. Troy Hawkshead, Plant Manager – Hormel.
8. Aanna Hoch, Executive Director – Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
9. Elsie Kemp, City Councilmember, City of Knoxville
10. Matt Kissinger, Edward Jones, Representative; Red Rock Lake Association; Board Member of the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce.
11. *Myron Linn, Manager of Government Affairs – Pella Corporation; Pella Area Development Corporation (PADCO) Board Member; Board of Directors – Iowa Association of Business and Industry (ABI) and Board Chair in 2013.
12. *Dale Miller, Iowa State University Extension Office – Knoxville.
13. *Conrad Nelson, Active member and officer of the Knoxville American
14. *Sam Nichols, Marion County Board of Supervisors.
15. Bruce Roof, Iowa Realty – Knoxville
16. *Harv Sprafka, Chair – Knoxville Veterans Growth Alliance Community Support Team
17. Harold Stewart, City Manager – City of Knoxville.
18. *Pat Stockton, Owner – Stockton Facility Management Services (SFMS); Knoxville Hospital Board of Directors; Planning and Zoning Commission – City of Knoxville.
Advisors to Team:
*Deb Calvert, Economic Development – MidAmerican Energy, Inc.
*Kim Didier, Executive Director –DMACC Business Resources (DBR)
*Mark Reinig, CEcD – Economic Development Program Manager – Iowa State University.
David L. Vollmar, Key Account Manager/Economic and Community Development – Alliant Energy.
*Indicates committee team members that were participants of the Knoxville VA Task Force (2006-2010).