The One to Count On...

Updates on Thursday Fire, Accident

Posted: Saturday, February 4th, 2012 at 6:30 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Aaron Gernes

Knoxville Fire Chief Mike Roberts believes a Thursday evening fire may have been started by a discarded cigarette butt. The fire was first reported Thursday evening on KNIA/KRLS. Roberts says that the hot spot of the fire was in a wood planter in the backyard of the house. The fire caused minor damage, and no one was home at the time. In an update on another story from Thursday, Knoxville Police Chief Dan Losada says it appears a woman was distracted while driving when she struck a pole in front of Building One at the VA. That accident sent the woman to the hospital Thursday afternoon.