- KNIA / KRLS - http://kniakrls.com -

Mobile Home Fire Injures No One


No one was injured after a morning fire at a mobile home in Knoxville. Interim Fire Chief Greg Higginbotham tells KNIA/KRLS News that they received a call just before one Monday morning that the house located at Lot 83 in Wheels Estate was filling with smoke. He says by the time fire crews arrived on scene, flames were shooting out of the windows. The two occupants and their pet dog made it out of the home uninjured.

Higginbotham says one of the occupants was sleeping on his recliner in the living room when he woke up to the smell of smoke. He quickly woke up his significant other, and they escaped with their dog out a back window.

Higginbotham tells KNIA/KRLS News that it appears an electrical issue with the refrigerator in the home may have been the cause of the fire, but the investigation into the blaze continues. He says that it appears the home will not be salvageable, and the occupants are currently being cared for by the Red Cross.