Cousins Hunter and Logan Van Veen swept the individual honors and the PCM boys golf team cruised to the team title at Monday night’s Mustang Boys Classic at the Gateway Golf Course in Monroe.
The Mustangs shot a combined 305, 28 strokes better than second-place Bondurant-Farrar. The Melcher-Dallas boys were also in attendance at the meet, taking 9th place with a 423.
PCM’s Hunter Van Veen fired an impressive 72 on his home course to earn medalist honors, with Logan Van Veen right behind at 73 for runner-up. Hunter has won or tied for the lowest individual round in five of the six meets he’s been in this season, with Logan taking first the other time. All six of PCM’s golfers finished in the top ten out of the 54-golfer field.
Trent Kennedy has the low round for Melcher-Dallas, carding an 18-hole score of 85. Daniel Clark was next for the Saints with a 107.
Eddyville Blakesburg 360
1. PCM Hunter VanVeen 36-36-72
2. PCM Logan VanVeen 35-38-73
3. Eddyville-Blakesburg Ben Roberts 38-38-76
4. Bondurant-Farrar Garrett Hubler 39-39-78
5. PCM Justin Beener 37-42-79
6. PCM Devon Woody 39-42-81
7. PCM Mike Neff 41-40-81
8. Bondurant-Farrar Matt Righi 45-36-81
9. PCM Ryan Jennings 41-42-83
10. Bondurant-Farrar Jess Fall 40-44-84
(Placings not identified)
Melcher-Dallas Trent Kennedy – 85
Melcher-Dallas Daniel Clark – 107
Melcher-Dallas Clay Wetterling – 111
Melcher-Dallas Matt Johnson – 120