The One to Count On...

House Fire Just Over Mahaska County Line

Posted: Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 at 6:27 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News-Evan Little

[simage=7332,max,n,center,]At approximately 11:30 Monday, Pella Rural Fire and Pella Ambulance were called to the scene of a house fire. The fire at 1375 190th St, just over the Mahaska County line, apparently was caused by electrical problems. According to Pella Fire Chief Doug Van Gorkom, the fire would have taken the whole house if no one had been home at the time. The Northeast corner of the house suffered significant damage, and the Red Cross will be assisting the family. No one was injured.[simage=7333,max,n,center,]