Jason Meyers had been semi-retired from sprint car racing and living and working in California. But the racing bug bit him and last night showed he still has the talent to get it done with a win in the second night of qualifying of the 52nd Annual Goodyear Knoxville Nationals. Knoxville Regular Mark Dobmeier started on the pole of the A-Main and quickly stretched out his lead to over a second until a red flag was flown. At the restart Meyers ducked under Dobmeier and then had to withstand a charge by Tim Shaffer at to win. Kraig Kinser was third while Stevie Smith and Lance Dewease were fourth and fifth respectively. With the win…Meyers locks himself into tomorrow night’s A-Main. On the pole is Stevie Smith with a total of 479 points while Craig Dollansky will start alongside Smith in the front two with a point total of 477. A full list of the top 16 starters is on KNIA KRLS dot com by clicking this story in today’s sports.
Top 16 starters that are locked in to Saturday’s A-Main
1. Stevie Smith 479 2. Craig Dollansky 477
3. Jonathan Allard 475 4. Brian Brown 473
5. Donny Schatz 471 6. Joey Saldana 471
7. Jason Meyers 470 8. Tim Kaeding 470
9. Kraig Kinser 468 10. Lucas Wolfe 467
11. Ian Madsen 464 12. Kyle Larson 458
13. Shane Stewart 458 14. Daryn Pittman 458
15. Lance Dewease 453 16. Paul McMahan 453
The next four starters will be determined by the top four finishers in night three’s A-Main, they will fill in spots 17-20, while spots 20-24 will be filled by the top four in Saturday’s B-Main.