What started as a grass fire quickly spread, igniting a home, owned by Steven Wayne Ross, and a storage shed on 198th Place, south of the Red Rock Quick Stop. Around 11:30am on Thursday both structures were significantly damaged by the time the Pella Fire Department arrived on the scene. The home was a total loss, as it was completely engulfed in flames as fire crews battled the blaze. Ross tells KNIA/KRLS News that the grass fire was started by a neighbor. The Pella Fire Department, with help from the Knoxville Rural Fire Department, was able to contain the fire after over an hour of fighting the flames. The Pella Ambulance, Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Marion County Emergency Management, and Pella Electric also responded to the scene.