The One to Count On...

Pella Council Shows Interest in Electric Conversion Project

Posted: Friday, October 5th, 2012 at 6:27 am
Author: KNIA/KRLS News - Brad Gaspelin

At the Pella City Council meeting this week the council discussed burying Pella’s remaining overhead power lines during a policy and planning session.Currently, 70% of the power lines in town are underground, and this project would bury the remaining 30%. City Administrator Mike Nardini says there are many benefits to the community, including higher reliability in the electric system, and lower ongoing maintenance costs. The council approved seeking a general layout, and if all goes according to plan, construction would begin in fall next year.