There were no serious injuries after a mercury spill last night in Knoxville. Knoxville City Rescue responded to a home at Wheel Estates last night at about 6:40 after reports of a spill there. Interim Fire Chief Greg Higginbotham says an 18-year-old had skin contact with mercury. The home was evacuated, and Emergency Management Coordinator Jeff Anderson removed the carpet where the mercury had spilled and disposed of it appropriately. Knoxville Hospital and Clinics was put on Code Secure for two hours as the patient was decontaminated properly. No one was allowed to enter or exit the building, and the patient was eventually decontaminated without incident.