- KNIA / KRLS - http://kniakrls.com -

Small Fire Caused by Unattended Burn Pile

IMG_3001 [1]

A small fire started after a burn pile was left unattended outside Knoxville Farm and Home. Knoxville Fire and Rescue and the Knoxville Police Department were called out to the location at around 6:15 at a report of dark smoke to the north of their building. Knoxville Fire Chief Nick Bonstell tells KNIA/KRLS News that a burn permit had been given to the location for today, but the unattended fire eventually jumped from what it was intended to burn to a pile of electrical wire. No one was hurt and no major damage was done. Bonstell reminds people that they need to tend to any piles that they’re burning.

IMG_2996 [2]