Pleasantville and Wayne square off in the Trojans’ gym this evening for their annual Hoops for Hope event. The Pride of Iowa Conference foes will look to better their league record, but will also be trying to raise money to find a cure for cancer. Various activities will take place on the evening, including a pulled pork dinner for a free-will donation, with proceeds benefitting the American Cancer Society and the Spanish/Science Club’s trip to Belize; basket and quilt auctions, a free-throw and three-point pledge, and a lot more. A full list of activities can be found below. Tonight’s doubleheader will begin with the girls’ game first at 6:15 p.m.
Hoops for Hope
January 21st, 2014
• Pulled Pork Dinner – Free-will donation dinner before game -proceeds split between American Cancer Society and the Spanish/Science Club trip to Belize.
• Ribbon Displays – Pay $1 to buy a ribbon in honor or memory of someone with cancer for the Wall of Hope.
• Basket Auction – Several baskets will be up for silent auction. Display tables will line the hallway.
• Quilt Auction – Quilts made by the J-Term Quilting for a Cause class will be up for auction.
• Free-Throw Pledge – Pledge $1 for each free-throw made at the ball games that night by a teammate from your school. Money will be collected after the game.
• Three-Point Pledge – Pledge $3 for each 3-point shot made at the ball games that night by a teammate from your school. Money will be collected after the game.
• Money Collection – Student Council members will roam the bleachers taking collections.
• Pink Cotton Candy – Sold at the game for $2 a bag.
• Glitter Tattoos – Cancer Ribbon Symbol tattoos – $5.
• PHS Dance Team – Dance team will perform at half-time of the boys’ game.