Knoxville High School’s production of Beauty and The Beast is March 7, 8 and 9, and will be the first production in the new Performing Arts Center. Choir and drama director Jackie Duffy says the kids have been working very hard, both on the performance as well as on the set for the musical. She says the new center allows a much larger set, with several “flys,” or pieces of set that can be raised and lowered from the ceiling, as the scenes change. She says this show was chosen because they have the right cast this year for the performance.
Tickets can be purchased at The Next Chapter or at seatyourself. biz / knoxville hs.
* The Knoxville High School Junior Class After-Prom Committee will host a SPAGHETTI DINNER FUNDRAISER in conjunction with the Saturday, March 8, performance of the 2014 school play Beauty and the Beast. The event provides a dinner-theatre experience for school play ticket holders and is also open to the public.
* A $5 dinner consisting of spaghetti, bread, dessert and drink will be provided for school play ticket holders and general public.
* Members of the Junior Class and their parents will serve the meal from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the Knoxville High School Commons.
* Tickets are on sale now at Next Chapter, Visions Hair Design Salon, Hy-Vee and by calling Junior Class parent Michelle Harry at 641-218-8552.
* Following the meal, Beauty and the Beast ticket holders will enjoy the convenience of a short walk over to the lobby of the Performing Arts Center to attend the show!