A rural Knoxville area man was injured seriously in an accident with a cutting torch and gasoline Sunday shortly before 2:00 p.m.
The Knoxville Township Rural Fire Department, Knoxville Fire and Rescue, and Marion County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to the 1600 block of Oregon to the report of the fire. Authorities told KNIA/KRLS News on scene that the man was cutting a vehicle apart with a torch, and the vehicle exploded when the flame from the torch contacted the gasoline. The man suffered possible 3rd degree burns to his leg and foot, but the injuries are not considered to be life-threatening. He was transported to Knoxville Hospital and Clinics and then by Mercy Helicopter to the burn unit at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics.