It stated: “everyone is going to die thursday.” The report of the threat came to school administration during the lunch period. Knoxville School’s Superintendent Cassi Pearson tells KNIA/KRLS News an investigation is underway in cooperation with the Knoxville Police Department to determine the credibility of the threat. At 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Pearson was informed by the Knoxville Police Department the investigation has not been completed and is ongoing. Law enforcement and school administration do not believe the threat to be credible. The Knoxville School District will have school as normal on Thursday. If parents prefer to keep their child at home they must contact the school prior to 9 a.m. for the absence to count as excused. Additional precautions will be taken. For a complete list of additional precautions from the school district, go to kniakrls.com and click on this story.
• No access to the building was allowed without a staff member being present after 3:30 PM Wednesday
• Administration will walk the building prior to leaving and secure all exits to the building
• All morning practices and outdoor activities for tomorrow have been cancelled (including Marching band practice)
• Building will be secured and no one will be allowed to enter the building prior to 7:00 AM
• HS administration along with Knoxville PD will walk the building in the morning prior to 7:00 AM to ensure a safe
environment for students and staff
• Staff will be allowed to enter the building beginning at 7:00 AM
• Students will be allowed to enter the building at 7:30 AM
• All students must use either the front entrance or KPAC entrance
• Any student or adult entering the building will be checked prior to entering the building
• Administration and Knoxville PD will be at each entrance throughout the day
• Administration and law enforcement will remain in the building throughout the day to monitor hallways
• Additional law enforcement will patrol the grounds at KHS and be present at West, Northstar and the middle school
Knoxville Schools takes these threats seriously and appreciates the assistance of our local law enforcement and emergency management teams. If you have information regarding this threat, please contact Superintendent Pearson at (641) 842-‐6551 or Lt. Fuller or Lt. Derby at (641) 828-‐0554.