In the early morning hours Friday, a fire was reported at 630 55th Avenue in rural Pleasantville.
According to Pleasantville Fire Chief Jordan Van Ness a vehicle struck a power pole North of Pleasantville earlier in the evening which knocked out the power to the home. Van Ness says the occupants of the home were using a wood burning stove that was fed pellets by an electrically powered augor when the power went out. Van Ness says due to the power going out a reserve pile of pellets caught fire and filled the home with smoke. The Pleasantville Fire Department and Marion County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene and extinguished the fire and ventilated the home. The two occupants of the home were awake when the smoke alarms went off and were able to exit the home without injury and call for help.