Just after 11 p.m. Knoxville Fire and Rescue and the Knoxville Police Department responded to a structure fire at 710 Patrick Street in Knoxville. According to Fire Chief Jim Mitchell the fire destroyed a storage shed on the property and approximately 12 feet of privacy fence. The fire is believed to have been caused by a space heater that was kept in the shed for dogs. No human or dog injuries were reported. County records show that the home is owned by Thomas Townsend of Knoxville.
Then at approximately 11:14 p.m. a second structure fire was reported at 1484 195th Place in rural Harvey. Crews with the Knoxville Township Rural Fire Department, Clay Township Fire Department and the Marion County Sheriff’s Office responded to a livestock barn on fire. Numerous 4H goats were killed in the fire. County records show that the property is owned by Tamara Alexander of Harvey.